In this episode we talk about the rumored Star Trek series by Nicholas Meyer, the “post an unpopular opinion” meme, the creators of Rick & Morty receiving a jug of McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce, and we trail off into a conversation about Daym Drops and spicy food. But we spend most of this episode trying to think of the name of a lesser known Gene Roddenberry series. (It was Earth: Final Conflict, by the way.)
- The rumor of the Nicholas Meyer “Khan series” and how it may (or may) not fit in with Star Trek: Discovery.
- Chris confuses Earth 2 with Earth: Final Conflict (which was the Roddenberry joint).
- Alex’s kid is going into high school.
- Chris goes for an obscure joke from a lesser-known Mel Brooks movie and seems to be proud of it.
- Stuff we made up: Tiny Trek Adventures, Star Trek Babies, Tiny Spock!
- The “Post An Unpopular Opinion” meme. (See link below to a Radio Times article about Peter Davison’s comments regarding the casting of Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor.)
- Chris feels marginalized and Alex says “Spider-Man 3” is the worst Spider-Man movie ever made. (We’re not sure this qualifies as an “unpopular” opinion.)
- Adventures on Instagram.
- Alex saw “Pickle Rat Morty”. Rick & Morty episode causes Mad Max nostalgia. McDonalds sends Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland a jug of Szechuan Sauce.
- Daym Drops, Angry Whoppers, and Nashville hot fried chicken at Hattie B’s
Images of Star Trek: Discovery’s Klingons
The Gregory Bros songify Daym Drops’ review of Five Guys.
Daym Drops – Angry Whopper review
Tina Turner as Aunty Entity.
Hattie B’s Hot Fried Chicken, Nashville, TN.