If you have any questions for our guest we will gladly forward them to him, but we cannot guarantee a response. Send any questions from this episode to email@example.com with “ELW Question” in the subject line.
- Introduction and the chosen title of Chairman
- Theatre and music background
- Fanzines and fandoms outside of Star Trek and college years
- It all started with Wild Wild West, Batman, and Star Trek after school.
- A magazine called All About Star Trek Fan Clubs and the discovery of Dorothy Dillon.
- The first dive into fanzines and fan fiction, including Spock Enslaved. (See link below for t’hy’la.)
- Gene Roddenberry and why there were no gay characters in Star Trek.
- Eric’s first Star Trek convention.
- The convention aftermath. Now what? The United Federation of Trekkers.
- The move from Columbia, SC to Atlanta, GA.
- Trekkie vs Trekker settled once and for all.
- The Original Series vs The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine vs Babylon 5
- Voyager, some gutsy commentary on casting, and Tuvok’s penchant for fucking up the mind meld.
- Baseball and Holodeck episodes.
- Enterprise, The Animated Series and the importance of canon.
- J.J. Abrams and The Kelvin Timeline.
- Star Trek Discovery and the case against the prequel series.
The t’hy’la footnote in the ST:TMP novelization. (Eric mentions this but we did not discuss it in detail.)
The Stonewall Riots (When Eric refers to “pre-Stonewall” it is in reference to this event.)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Season 6, Episode 13 – Far Beyond The Stars
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Season 6, Episode 19 – In The Pale Moonlight
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Season 7, Episode 4 – Take Me Out To The Holosuite
Star Trek: Voyager – Season 5, Episode 12 – Bride Of Chaotica!