In this episode, we give our first impressions of Star Trek: Discovery and discuss the movies from our younger years that had the most impact on us. We also cover Stranger Things, Blade Runner 2049, and the thirtieth anniversary of The Princess Bride. We also manage to mock 6-year-olds at karaoke and, of course, drop many pony references throughout the episode.
- Dave tells us about Day of the Giants by Lester Del Rey (see link below).
- Hell Comes To Ponyville.
- Blade Runner 2049 and its source material.
- The Man In The High Castle
- Our impressions of Star Trek: Discovery, and a brief tribute to Sandy Frank. The MST3K episode that Chris brain farted on is Fugitive Alien.
- Frozen vs Brave. Chris trolls Miley Cyrus fans. Hearing underage girls sing very adult songs at karaoke. Stealing displays from movie theaters.
- Stranger Things season 2 (see trailer below). The Santa Clarita Diet (see trailer below). Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Our send-up of Bryan Cranston.
- The 30th anniversary of The Princess Bride.
- The seminal movies from our childhoods.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton set to appear in a new Terminator movie which leads to thoughts on Logan.
NOTE: The ‘Doctor Nambu’ we refer to in this episode is a character in the anime Gatchaman. Upon further examination (i.e. I did a Google search), the mention in Star Trek: Discovery was most likely a reference to physicist Dr. Yoichiro Nambu.
He tried to kill me with a forklift!
Disney / Pixar – Coco Official Trailer
Stranger Things Season 2 Trailer
The Santa Clarita Diet – Official Trailer
C.H.O.M.P.S (Not a Disney movie as Chris thought)